Heavy Metal Ultra description (preliminary rules)
1. Heavy Metal Ultra (HMU) is ultrarunning event, taking place in the trails of “Keila Terviserajad” at a 6.66km marked loop. Participants have to complete this loop within the 1 hour time limit as several times as possible, the total number of laps is not limited. All persons, who are at least 18 years old and have paid the participation fee, are able to participate (the latest date of birth is 16.08.2001).
2. Start of the HMU will be on the 16th of August 2019 at 9pm next to the parking lot of “Keila Terviserajad”. (Ehitajate tee 13, Keila). At 9pm the music (preferably harder rock, choice of participants) starts playing. It is possible to start throughout the duration of the song, at the end of the song the start gate will be closed.
3. The finish gate of the first loop closes at 10pm, and the end of each subsequent loop is closed at each subsequent hour. Participants, who reach the gate before closing it will have the right to move to a new loop when the next song starts to play.
4. At 10pm and so on, every hour starts to play new song that marks the beginning of a new loop. The new loop can be accessed throughout the length of the song, at the end of which the start gate will be closed. The time of closing the start gate may be different because the songs have different lengths.
5. Participants who have not entered the finish line from previous loop before full-hour or don’t go to new loop before closing the starting gate are out of competition and are considered as “DNF” (did not finish)
6. There are two competition classes – Men and Women. In each class there is only one winner, this is the last participant in each class who has completed last loop by the rules and is starting new loop alone in his/hers class. Passing this loop is not required. There will not be second and third place winner and even no the fourth place, according to some of local minor authorities. All participants who complete at least 7 rounds (46.66 km) will receive a special medal.
7. In the service point, situated in the starting area, all throughout the event are offered : sports drinks, water, cola, mineral water, tea, coffee, banana, raisins, nuts, potato chips, chocolate, bread, salt, water-melon, orange. Hot food is served 10, 16, 22 and 28 etc hours after the start of the first loop. There is an self-service drinking point on the loop, where you can pour water or a sports drink on your personal drinking cup.
8. Registration and participation fees:
2.01.2019 to 30.04.2019 – 54 €
1.05.2019 to 31.07.2019 – 66 €
1.08.2019 to 16.08.2019 – 82 €
Registration takes place on https://trailrun.ee/ . If you wish to pay with an invoice, please send an e-mail to email@example.com before making payment.
At the registration, there is possible to write 3 song songs (preferably harder rock, etc.). Based on these songs, a playlist of starting songs will be made.
9. Important rules:
– After starting it is not allowed to go back to the starting area
– Any assistance to participants outside of the starting area is prohibited
– In the dark, use of the headlamp is compulsory
– The HMU will be conducted in accordance with these guidelines
– Issues and problems not addressed in this guide will be resolved by the panel of judges with the organizers
– Each participant will take part in the competition at its own risk.
– Not knowing this manual will not relieve the participant of the obligations it contains
– Parking the cars of participants and supporters is in the parking lot next to the starting area; it is possible to set up tents for participants in the startup area.
– The organizer has the right to interrupt or cancel the competition in the event of force majeure or natural disaster
– We ask all participants not to litter the trail and respect the surrounding nature
– The participant, by signing the starting protocol, undertakes to complete all the points listed in the manual
6,66km loop data
Olle Rõuk, tel. +372 514 8553, email Olle.Rouk@heidelberg.com
Trailrun.ee, Ivar Tupp, tel. +372 511 4179, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org