Heavy Metal Ultra 2020 rules and regulations
1. Heavy Metal Ultra (HMU) is ultrarunning event that takes place in the trails of “Keila Terviserajad” at a 6.706 km marked loop. Participants have to complete this loop within the 1 hour time limit, the total number of laps is not limited. All persons who are at least 18 years old and have paid the participation fee, are able to participate (the latest date of birth is 15.08.2002).
2. Start of the HMU will be on the 15th of August 2020 at 08:00 next to the parking lot of Keila Terviserajad. At 08:00 the music (preferably harder rock, choice of participants) starts playing. It is possible to start throughout the duration of the song, at the end of the song the start gate will be closed.
3. The finish gate of the first loop closes at 09:00, and the end of each subsequent loop is closed at each subsequent hour. Participants, who reach the gate before closing it ,will have the right to move to a new loop when the next song starts to play.
4. At 09:00 and so on, every hour starts to play new song that marks the beginning of a new loop. The new loop can be accessed throughout the length of the song, at the end of which the start gate will be closed. The time of the start may be different because the songs have different lengths.
5. Participants who have not entered the finish line from previous loop before full-hour or don’t go to new loop before closing the starting gate are out of competition and are considered as “DNF” (did not finish).
6. Competition will be held on 2 different tracks:
– Loops starting at 8:00 – 20:00, will be on a technically demanding forest trails: https://www.plotaroute.com/route/1078286
– Loops starting at 21:00 – 7:00, will be on the other track, which runs mostly on lighted traffic roads (97% tarmac). 70% of the nighttime track is illuminated but non-illuminated sections still require a headlamp (https://www.plotaroute.com/route/938150)
7. There are two classes – Men and Women. There will be one winner in both competition classes, this is the last participant in aboth class to enter the new loop in accordance with the regulations and to pass this loop alone according to the rules. When the last participant fails to complete the last loop alone in accordance with the rules, the winner will not be declared. There will not be second and third place and no records are made separately for age, mental ability, sexual orientation, musical taste, or other. All participants who complete at least 7 rounds (46.9 km) will receive a special “DNF” (did not finish) medal.
8. In starting area are offered throughout the event: sports drinks, water, cola, mineral water, tea, coffee, banana, raisins, nuts, potato chips, chocolate, bread, salt, watermelon, orange. Hot food will be served served after 7 loops. (15:00). There is a self-service drink point on the loop, where you can pour water or a sports drink on your personal drinking cup.
9. Starting materials will be distributed at the race center on Friday, 14.08.2020 from 17:00 to 20:00 and on the morning of competition day from 6:00 to 7:45.
10. The timing is done with a chip attached to the inside of the race number. When passing the start and finish gate, the number must be displayed on the front of the body, so that it is visible to the camera.
11. Entry fees:
– 02.01.2020 – 30.04.2020 – 54 €
– 1.05.2020 to 07.07.2020 – 66 €
– 1.08.2020 – 15.08.2020 – 82 €
12. We offer the opportunity to purchase different hotel packages for participation. The details and prices of the packages are listed in the Hotel Packages Appendix.
13. The maximum number of participants in the HMU is 140 (one hundred and forty)!
– After starting the loop it is not allowed to go back to the starting area
– Any assistance to participants outside of the starting area is prohibited, including running together with participant or accompanying with a bike
– In the dark, the use of a headlamp is compulsory
– The HMU will be conducted in accordance with these guidelines
– Issues and problems not addressed in this guide will be resolved by the panel of judges with the organizers
– Each participant takes part in the competition at his own risk
– Not knowing this manual will not relieve the participant of the obligations it contains
– Parking of the cars of participants and supporters is in the parking lot next to the starting area, it’s also possible to set up resting tents for the participants in the startup area.
– The organizer has the right to interrupt or cancel the competition in the event of Force Majeure or a natural disaster
– We ask all participants not to litter on the trail and respect the surrounding nature
– The participant, by signing the starting protocol, undertakes to complete all the points listed in the manual
– Entry fee will not be refunded or transferred to other competitions. If the participant will be not able to start due to the health reasons, upon presentation of a medical certificate, until 9.08.2020 50% of the entry fee will be refunded for the entering of the same competition in the following year
– The participation may be transferred to another participant. The registration can be transferred to another participant until 9th of August, for a fee of 10€. For transferring the participation the previous participant must notify organizers by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the name and contact details of the new participant.
Registration is done at https://trailrun.ee/. NB! If you would like to pay an invoice for the registration, please send an email to email@example.com before filling in the registration form, e-mail should include information about the recipient of the invoice (in the case of a legal entity, company details)! The organizer will not issue the invoice after payment of the entry fee!
One wish song (preferably harder rock, etc.) can be entered in the registration form. These songs are used to create a playlist of start songs that will be played in order of registration.
Before the start and after the finish, we would like to take photos of all the participants, later the pictures will be sent to each participant in the registration form.
Olle Rõuk, tel. +372 514 8553, email Olle.Rouk@heidelberg.com
Trailrun.ee, Ivar Tupp, tel. +372 511 4179, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org